Knowledge Oman & Emax Launch Ramadan Initiatives for the Community
In celebration of the spirit of Ramadhan, Knowledge Oman and Emax collaborate to engage the community with initiatives that celebrate the values of Ramadhan and the Omani culture. Knowledge Oman, the leading knowledge-sharing community platform in the country, along with Emax, the biggest multi-brand electronics store in the Middle East, are bringing the people a photography challenge that reflects the experience of Ramadhan in Oman, along with daily discussions on a variety of topics featured in social media.
Rym Aoudia, COO of Knowledge Oman, says, “It is important for us at knowledgeoman.com to continuously engage with the community, and we are pleased to bring this exciting opportunity to the community while empowering the local creative's talent.”
Participation is open and free for everyone to join and have the chance to win from a range of prizes available for the winners. All that is required is to visit the web link http://www.knowledgeoman.com/ , participate and demonstrate your creativity with other members.
Ujjawal Tankha from Emax, adds, “Emax is committed to adding value to people’s lifestyle, and we are delighted to extend our reach to the community during Ramadan. Our collaboration with Knowledge Oman is the ideal platform to make this happen as we celebrate this blessed month with the local community.”
Emax, since its inception in Oman in 2007, gained much popularity with numerous recognitions from leading global brands it represents. Emax was recently awarded the ‘Recommended Retailer’ award in 2011 for its efforts in developing the electronic and entertainment market in the region. Offering the widest spectrum of over 100,000 products in more than 20 categories from over 300 brands, Emax has now made way into areas outside Muscat, catering to its growing clientele in fast developing regions, such as Sohar and Salalah, to further benefit the country.
As part of the annual tradition, Knowledge Oman is also hosting a community iftaar welcoming members and their families to come together under one roof. Knowledge Oman actively holds Ramadan initiatives every year, which also included the Ramadhan Charity Giving Campaign that extended support to the needy with food and clothing supplies.
- Quiz covers 5 different themes (links below to each theme) – each member must answer all of the 5 themes (to gain more points)
- Each question is worth one point which shall be rewarded based on the correctness, conciseness and accuracy of the answer.
- Participants shall be ranked based on their accumulated points by the end of the competition. Top 3 winners will be chosen as per score ranking. In the case of a draw situation, the participants shall enter a draw and the first prize winner will be based on the draw’s outcome.
- Duration of the competition is 1 month (30 days) starting from 1st of February 2013 and ending on 2nd of March 2013.
- Competition winners will be announced on the 5th of March 2013.
- Once the winners are announced, they shall be contacted in order to be awarded their prizes. In any case where the winner is not responding, or cannot receive the prize, or have someone receive it on his/her behalf within 30 days from 5th of March, KO shall retain the right to award the prize to the next highest scoring participant.
- The first place winner will receive a gift of a Toshiba 500GB portable external HDD. The second place winner will get a 2.1 Hi-Fi surround system with subwoofer. The third place winner will get a notebook companion kit.
- The first three winners will get the above prizes from KO and other ten winners will get a Certificate of Acknowledgement.
- By participating you agree to abide by all the competition rules and guidelines stated herein.
Knowledge Sparks – Physics, Chemistry and Biology
Knowledge Sparks – IT, Maths and Religion
Knowledge Sparks – History, Geography and Literature
Knowledge Sparks – Sports, Health and Psychology
Knowledge Sparks – Omaniyat, KnowledgeOmanyat and Movies